Old December 21st 03, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
JNugent JNugent is offline

Default reducing congestion

wrote:

says...

Um, people _do_ want to live in London, and there are 100,000 new
homes propesed. What is the problem with that?

And those would be the low cost housing which they've been forced to
implement because essential workers can't afford to live there?

Conor - if these proposed housing units a

(a) built in non-electorally-sensitive locations, and then

(b) allocated to 100,000 "essential workers" (is, the nurses, teachers,
police officers, lower-paid civil servants, etc that we have heard so much
hand-wringing about) and their families, I shall buy a hat and eat it.

My prediction is that if built, they will be filled with exactly the same
sort of tenants as current social housing and that the whole thing is a
gerrymandering smokescreen.