Old May 24th 09, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MatSav MatSav is offline

Default The past...

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , MatSav
scribeth thus
"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article ,
MatSav
scribeth thus

Incidentally, the MSF signal is now broadcast from Anthorn,
in
Cumbria.

Why's that down for maintenance so much?...

The broadcasting is sub-contracted to BT.

Shouldn't that be VT comms?..

Later corrected in another post. It was BT until 2007.

Tx Maintenance is their
call, not NPL's, so I can't tell you why it's down so often.
However, 72 hours in about 17,000 hours for scheduled
mainenance
(less than 0.5% of the available hours) doesn't seem excessive
me.

Well we're on NPL's mailing list and it seem to happen quite a
lot..
Haven't actually counted the intervals but seems every couple
of
months..

It is. The scheduled maintenance planner can be found at
http://www.npl.co.uk/science-technol...es/msf-outages.

--
MatSav