Old May 25th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MatSav MatSav is offline

Default The past...

Christopher A. Lee wrote:
I always think the same thing when watching old documentary
film.
To me, the '40s seems old, but the 50s seems recent...
and the decade started with the Festival of
Britain ...

Part of the festival was the amusement park at Battersea - with
the
Emmet Railway. I loved this. I think the amusements stayed
there after
the festival was over because we went there quite often...

Indeed they did.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batters...ersea_fun_fair
explains. I was there just a week before the collapse of the
roller-coaster, and the very thought of that puts me off using
one ever again.

I was also at Lulworth Cove, Dorset, on a Geology field trip -
just a week before a land slip killed a teacher and pupils (also
on a field trip). I'm seeing a pattern :-(

--
MatSav