Old May 26th 09, 01:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Paddington mainline gates & Kings Cross validators

On May 26, 1:50*pm, wrote:

On 26 May, 09:38, Mizter T wrote:

[snip]

The other course of action is to contact Oyster customer services and
ask for a refund. You don't need to call them up - you can send them a
message using a secure 'web form', just follow the instructions on
this help page:
https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csi...ion.do?entityN....

(You can only get a refund if your card is registered. If it isn't
registered and you want a refund, I understand they can register it
for you and then you can get a refund.)

Not true
They can perfectly well credit your card back even if unregistered. I
did so last week.
What they will not do is send a cheque if unregistered as they have no
address to verify.

My apologies, I'm obviously not up to date with the latest procedures
- that said, what you say does chime with a few things I've heard and
helps to explain them.

I presume the basics are the same - you'd need to nominate an LU
station from which to pick-up your refund from, and you'd then need to
travel from or to that station sometime in the next x number of days,
right?