Old May 27th 09, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default ELL progress report

On 27 May, 19:35, John B wrote:
4) the new stations appear to be sensibly futureproofed length-wise:
the 4 platforms at DJ are the same length, give or take 5ish metres,
and although the major building work still going on at the south end
of DJ made it impossible to reach the far end I'd be very surprised if
they weren't all 6-car. I've not seen the claim that the bay platforms
are 4-car made anywhere 'official' rather than blogs/fora - anyone
know otherwise? SHS is 8-car.

Thanks for the report.

I got my infor straight off the planning application(s). Have a look
at these 3 diagrams, which handily show 20m vehicles alongside the
platforms:
http://idox.hackney.gov.uk/WAM/doc/D...e=&pageCount=1
http://idox.hackney.gov.uk/WAM/doc/D...e=&pageCount=1
http://idox.hackney.gov.uk/WAM/doc/D...e=&pageCount=1

I think there's just about 120m between the buffers and the nose of
the crossovers, I think operational margins would prohibit 6 car
trains operating, at least without moving one or the other.

(the first diagram also clearly demonstrates why there's no point
allowing space for the eastern curve to be double track)