Old May 28th 09, 01:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Another Tube strike announced

On Thu, 28 May 2009 12:38:10 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:

About 10,000 Tube workers have voted to strike on two separate disputes
over pay deals and proposed job losses.

I wonder if we market RMT strikes as an historical tourist attraction. Perhaps
advertising them as the last bastion of large scale trouble making marxist
scum in britain so kids could come and watch how life used to be in the 70s
and 80s. There could even be one of those living history guided tours around a
picket line pointing out the amusing donkey jackets, banal badly spelt
placards and quaint union banners, with possibly a group what-do-we-want
style chant chosen from the Brothers United book of Music for Morons.
Apperantly all the songs are out of key and only have 1 note so the kids could
even join in.

B2003