Old May 29th 09, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
plcd1 plcd1 is offline

Default Prepay on national rail/staff pass

On May 29, 8:55*am, plcd1 wrote:

For the standard pass you are correct in your statement and yes
Overground is included. It will be interesting to see if that also
reaches down to West Croydon and Crystal Palace when ELLX opens -
here's hoping. *We also get a fair chunk of the normal
interavailability with NR (e.g. Stratford - Liv St, Fenchurch St -
Upminster) but there are differences emerging as PAYG expands. *We
don't get Marylebone - West Ruislip nor Kentish Town - West Hampstead
on Thameslink. *It's all horribly complicated which is why it will be
very useful indeed if we are able to have a priv PAYG that works on
all lines throughout the zonal area. *I'd certainly have one and I'd
almost certainly use NR services far more - having to queue for
tickets or worse being completely unable to purchase a priv ticket
from machines and then either paying full fare or ****ing about trying
to get a ticket at a fare closest to the priv fare is just a

nightmare. Hence why I rarely use NR services in and around London.

Always helps to finish a sentence before pressing send - ahem!

Paul C