Old December 21st 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Another Oyster Prepay Thread - How Do You Buy It?

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:27:08 +0000, Paul
wrote:

Maybe they should have just issued 2 separate types of Oystercard,
pre-pay and season ticket.

Okay, here's an idea - how about making *all* Oystercard tickets
transferrable? Seasons, pre-pay, the lot?

Unlike a paper ticket, a lost Oyster can (presumably) be deactivated
if stolen, so a photocard is not as important to avoid that. The only
thing you'd lose is an ability to claim back penalty fares less an
admin fee if you genuinely forgot your ticket (do TfL do that?) The
only other thing to watch out for is people passing them through bus
windows like they often do for transferrable operator-specific bus
passes elsewhere in the country.

Other countries (e.g. Germany) have transferrable seasons (though
often at a slightly higher price) - why not?

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.