Old May 29th 09, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Another Tube strike announced

In message , at
20:48:47 on Thu, 28 May 2009, Richard J.
remarked:
Generally some sort of service, with a published timetable, operates
from Gare du Nord to CDG airport so as not to make life too difficult
for the tourists. SNCF even have a dedicated interactive website for
such occasions, www.abcdtrain.com, where you can find out the temporary
timetable for any journey in Ile de France ("Greater Paris").

Somehow I don't see our strikes becoming that tourist-friendly.

But you don't *need* the Underground to get from London's airports[1] to
the centre. If all else fails there is Heathrow Connect, and buses to
several railheads.

A recent survey claimed that only 18%(?) of passengers use rail (from
airports) anyway [I've temporarily mislaid the link] although this may
be higher for Heathrow.

[1] Except perhaps City, if the DLR is also on strike. But there are
buses there too, I'm sure.