Old May 31st 09, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich[_2_] Martin Rich[_2_] is offline

Default Bus Route W19

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Other examples are the Bollo Lane entrance to Chiswick Business Park, and
I think the east side of Stockley Park.

Why they haven't introduced something similar for the 232 between Friern
Bridge Retail Park and Regal Drive is beyond me. Diverting the bus through
the gated road would avoid the permanent 20 minute traffic jam in the
eastbound NCR, and take it a lot nearer to the retail park too.

Of course another similar example from the moderately distant past was the
use of the Heathrow Cargo Tunnel by public buses. The description of route
285 at http://www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/285.htm suggests that this
finished in 1990, though my recollection (contrary to that web page) is of
the 285 using the cargo tunnel quite a few years before terminal 4 opened.
The A1 and A2 buses from central London certainly used the cargo tunnel in
the early days of terminal 4

Martin