Old June 1st 09, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default Oyster revenue allocation question

On 31 May, 22:32, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 31 May, 20:13, wrote:

Hmm, I'd be surprised it there were many of the 12 car trains making
'extra' stops south of St. Albans during the peak, as the the
deceleration would make them less attractive to the longer distance
commuters.

I'm suggesting there will be 12 car metro services, and potentially
some 8-car outer services, and to a mix of destinations south of the
river. Balancing capacity between inner and outer is going to be the
biggest challenge of the service going forward, and it would daft to
set one particular split in stone by divvying up the fleet and paths
between two companies.

I suppose it will depend on how many metro services run via Elephant
and Castle, as this is the route which will retain the short platforms
south of the river. Of course, part of the setting things in stone is
already coming from the use of 8 or 12 car units. My personal view is
that the order should be for a mix of 8 and 4 cars units (if not all 4
car), to give flexibility over having fixed 12 car formations.

So they do, and every hour now, the former Stevenage via Hertford
services have been extended to Letchworth. I wonder if they plan to
extend peak trains as well, once they get a few more 313s

Not running them was a recommendation from the ECML RUS to free up
peak paths over the flat junction at Hitchin.

Hmm, I wonder if the Hitchin flyover, due 2014, will change that.