Old June 1st 09, 03:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Ba-da- Bing!

On Jun 1, 4:07*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Windows Live Local is now redirecting to the Bing site as part of
Microsoft's attempt to oust Google. I still use WLL for birds-eye views in
those areas not covered by Google Streetview, but the site has been largely
superceded by Google Maps and will remain so until they add Streetview
functionality. I don't know where the Bing name came from.... "Meetoogle"
would have been more honest.

Bing... it's just 'the lightbulb noise' - nothing more complicated
than that!

Actually I rather prefer using their bird's-eye views to Google's
Street view, so I wouldn't say the latter has superseded the former -
obviously they're both rather different and can actually be used well
side-by-side (or tab-by-tab) - but I really like getting the aerial
overview of a place offered by the bird's-eye view facility, and
Street view just doesn't offer that.