Old June 2nd 09, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
mike. buckley mike. buckley is offline

Default Harrow & Wealdstone this morning!

In message
,
writes
From eHarrow Observer 010609

Harrow and Wealdstone chaos after man runs in front of train
Jun 1 2009 By David Baker

snip

I was on a Brum to Euston Pendo that got terminated at Watford junction
(7:41 from Int). We were actually told a body had been found under the
train in the Harrow area and I overheard train staff on the overground
service we ended up on (like sardines) saying there would be no trains
for a couple of hours. Apart from those on the train involved I think we
got the short straw, all the Pendos behind us carried on into Euston and
actually my colleague around 20 minutes behind me beat me comfortably, I
got to Euston around 10:25. That wouldn't have been too bad but I then
had to get to Bank on the Northern line and then DLR to East India only
to find the building I was going to hadn't been informed I was coming,
so I had another hours wait wile they sorted access. Still, I topped up
my tan!

There were still considerable delays around 5pm leaving Euston on
Virgin, some cancellations (to Piccadilly) and everything to/through
Birmingham leaving around 15-30 minutes late.

I'm on the 7:41 again this morning and it's very busy, and for the
second time in two weeks I've found a seat in first class with no power
at the socket - argh!

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2