Old June 4th 09, 06:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506 1506 is offline

Default Chiltern's plans for Oxford-Princes Risborough via Cowley

On Jun 3, 3:35*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"1506" wrote

Paddington is hardly an option. *It is also well utilized. *Could
Kensington Olympia handle some Chiltern trains? *Perhaps there is a
bigger role for TfL's Central Line in taking some of the load carried
by Chiltern.

It would I suppose be possible to evict the car park or whatever it is from
the space formerly occupied by the Motorail loading bays and create some
platforms there. But the West London Line is pretty full, and it's not clear
how trains would get there from the Chiltern line - the direct route
parallel to the LUL Central Line between North Acton and Shepherds Bush has
long gone.

Peter

It is a pity that the North Acton and Shepherds Bush has gone. I
guess the Central Line could be droppep into a sub surface trench and
a new link built above it.

Although for commuter traffic Kensington Olympia is not an ideal
destination. I could see a link being useful if the GC GW joint line
becomes HS2 though!