Old June 5th 09, 12:25 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chiltern's plans for Oxford-Princes Risborough via Cowley

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, 1506 wrote:

On Jun 3, 1:10 pm, Mizter T wrote:

Though I think platform space at Marylebone is a bit tight too
nowadays.

It certainly is which is good. If Chiltern continues to expand and
improve they will need more space for London bound trains.

Stick another deck on top of Marylebone, in a slightly St Pancras
style? You'd have to lift the roof a bit to fit them in, but not by
much. Or you could build them beyond the end of the shed, in a more
St Pancras style.

You'd have to sever Rossmore Road to make this work, but you know,
omelettes, eggs.

Or, of course, you could dive, and build some platforms in tunnel.

And sever the Regents Canal?

Underground locks.

At one time I thought a new ariel curve above Neasden to carry
services to Saint Pancras by way of Cricklewood might be an answer.
But St P. is now full.

Paddington is hardly an option. It is also well utilized.

People keep telling me Euston has capacity. Difficult connection to
make, though.

No: you build a curve from Northwick Park to South Kenton and divert all
Chiltern Amersham trains through it to Euston, and sell off the Chiltern
tracks from Northwick Park to Neasden.

No, use them for an extension of the Brent Cross light rail.

tom

--
Women are monsters, men are clueless, everyone fights and no-one ever
wins. -- cleanskies