Old June 7th 09, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Suggestions for my next vistit requested

Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
I'm visiting London again this friday for a whole weeks stay. Is there
anything interesting transport-related I could catch while I'm there? I'm
also open to other suggestions. I have tried to compile a list of what I've
done so far at jarle.com/london/ .

The Tower, yes, the British museum, yes ... but Centrale shopping
centre, Croydon?! Tramlink might be of interest - route of the world's
first public railway (not that you'd know from riding it!), then a
cross-country route to New Addington.

There are various heritage railways - the Mid Hants and (more awkwardly)
the Bluebell are reachable from London.

Unless you already have, and the list is edited to be just London, how
about getting well out of London and seeing some of the rest of the
country? York is 2 h away and has the world's biggest railway museum.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK