Old June 7th 09, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Suggestions for my next vistit requested

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:19:25 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

There are various heritage railways - the Mid Hants and (more awkwardly)
the Bluebell are reachable from London.

And Didcot is only an hour or so out, two stops from Paddington. Don't
bother with Hamleys, but definitely allow a whole day for the British
Museum. I work next to One Canada Square, it's not much of a tourist
attraction - can you go up to the top as a visitor? The top of the
three tall buildings in Canary Wharf does give a fabulous view over
London (I work 180ft up in that very square). The Royal Observatory
is close by.

The London Transport Museum is good, the RAF museum is at Hendon which
is a fair trek if you only have a week but well worth the effort if
you are a plane nut.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk