Old June 8th 09, 12:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default New platform markings for class 378 at Shepherd's Bush

Whilst passing through Shepherd's Bush this morning, I noticed new
markers for stopping points, in addition to the existing 3 and 4 car
ones. The new markers are the normal white number on a blue
background, but have a black and yellow striped line around the
outside and additional text saying class 378. There were four of these
markers on the down line, with 3, 4, 3T and 4T on the signs. I assume
that 3 and 4 are the 3 and 4 car stopping points, as they are close to
the existing points, but what are 3T and 4T for? These two were
further north along the platform, beside the narrower section and the
lamp points for these last two had some sort of electronic box above
the sign.

As an aside, I noticed that 378 007 has arrived at Willesden Depot and
has been sat outside most of the weekend, with pantograph up.