Old June 9th 09, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Tube strike: clarification of start time(s)?

neverwas wrote:
In summary, is it that trains stop running by 19:00 or start declining
from then?

I ask because I am confused by the accounts so far.

Eg TFL say on their website

"The RMT leadership plan a strike from 18:59 on Tuesday 9 June to
18:58 on Thursday 11 June, with normal services resuming on the
morning of Friday 12 June.
Customers using the Underground on the Tuesday evening are advised to
finish their journeys by 19:00 to ensure they get home, as services
are likely to decline after this time."

Now I know I'm an old pedant but if they are on strike from 18:59
it'll be a little odd to find any of them still driving trains after
19:00.
Is it more in the nature of a rolling stoppage with staff walking out
as and when they reach the end of the line? If so, when do station
staff walk out and force station closures?

Any staff who start their shift before 1859 Tuesday will continue to work
until the end of their shift. Staff who are supposed to start their shift
after 1859 will remain at home, preparing themselves to watch Wednesday's
England Andorra match on TV. On Thursday, any staff due to start their shift
before 1858 will not start their shift, so services will remain severly
disrupted until night closure.