Old June 9th 09, 01:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Southern franchise award to GoVia - DfT info

"Recliner" wrote:
"Tony Polson" wrote in message

Mizter T wrote:

Of course Ken had the advantage
that the stars aligned for him, i.e. both he and central government
were the same colour.

On the contrary, I think there was far more "clear blue water" between
Ken and Tony/Gordon than there ever could be between Boris and Gordon.

Perhaps in the past, when Ken was suing the DfT, but they seemed to get
friendlier as time passed, and last week we were treated to the
astonishing spectacle of Ken going on TV to support Gordon as PM. Even
by political standards, that was a rare display of hypocrisy.

I have no doubt that Ken realised his support would be seen by many,
both inside and outside politics, as a poisoned chalice.

Ken never forgave Gordon Brown for imposing the ridiculous London
Underground PFI on Transport for London. There can never have been a
more incompetent application of a public/private partnership. Pushing
it through against opposition from all sides was all Gordon's work.