Old June 9th 09, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube strike: clarification of start time(s)?

On Jun 9, 3:43*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 2:34*pm, wrote:

Though we live in hope that 1 or 2 of them may grow a pair, ignore the RMT
******* and actually turn up for work but I won't hold my breath.

And can someone explain why Aslef members arn't showing up? Theres enough of
them to run a bit more than a skeleton service. Or are they showing "solidarity"
or whatever lefty ******** phrase is trendy these days with their "brothers"
in the RMT even though they didn't vote for a strike? In which case why don't
they just join the RMT.

AIUI Aslef and TSSA staff will show up as normal, but because critical
functions like signalling are dominated by RMT members they're
unlikely to be able to run many trains.

I thought there had been some knowledgeable talk that Aslef members
might refuse to cross RMT picket lines?

Taking a strike day off when you're not a member of the union that
voted for it is legally not on, post-Thatcher.

And then I'd wondered about that very point.