Old June 9th 09, 03:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

On Jun 9, 3:55*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 3:36*pm, Clive Page wrote:

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk..._items/view/95

Southeastern has agreed to accept valid tickets for the Underground –
both paper tickets and Oyster Pay As You Go – on services that mirror
Tube routes on our network.

So during the strike we will accept London Underground passes
(including Oyster PAYG) during the strike on the following routes
only:

Brixton to Victoria
Elephant and Castle to Blackfriars / City Thameslink
London Cannon Street / Waterloo East / Charing Cross

This should say "London Bridge to Cannon...". Some muppet in SN's PR
department has managed to drag and drop "Bridge to" into the next
paragraph down.

Shabby. Though the blame lies with Southeastern's PR department, not
Southern's.

Outside these routes the usual ticket restrictions and Penalty Fares
will be applicable as normal.

Hmm. *I need to get from Luton to central London on Thursday - I'm
planning to go from Luton to London Bridge (valid on a ticket to "London
Thameslink") and then get a train to Charing Cross. *Is this a
Southeastern route? * I have an Oyster card I can show, but I don't see
how they can charge it unless there are readers both on platforms 5/6 at
London Bridge and the exits at Charing Cross. *As far as I recall, they
don't yet exist at either, does anyone know?

There are certainly Oyster readers on the exists at Charing Cross;
what their PAYG status will be tonight/tomorrow/Thursday I don't know.

No go - they are for checking season Travelcards loaded on Oyster
*only*. There are currently *no* PAYG routes from Charing Cross. And
they can't magic this up overnight either.

And there are certainly validators by the platforms that FCC use at
London Bridge.

Solely to handle Thameslink traffic - Oyster PAYG being valid on
Thameslink between West Hampstead and London Bridge/ Elephant & Castle
*only*.

This page and the PDF map it links to make this clear:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/5823.aspx

London Bridge to Waterloo East/Charing Cross is a pretty clear parallel
to a tube journey, I'd have said.

Yup indeed.

Agreed.