Old June 9th 09, 03:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

On Jun 9, 4:04*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 2:25*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:

wrote

Southeastern seem to have taken matters into their own hands in quite
a forceful way:

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk..._items/view/95

Southeastern has agreed to accept valid tickets for the Underground -
both paper tickets and Oyster Pay As You Go - on services that mirror
Tube routes on our network.

So during the strike we will accept London Underground passes
(including Oyster PAYG) during the strike on the following routes
only:

Brixton to Victoria
Elephant and Castle to Blackfriars / City Thameslink
London Cannon Street / Waterloo East / Charing Cross

------
Unless either TfL, or SWT and Southeastern, change their advice (and in the
case of TfL, publicise any changes very clearly) I can foresee big
arguments.

I couldn't agree more. The TfL website is still showing the following
wording:

"National Rail - Oyster Pay As You Go will be accepted on all National
Rail journeys within Greater London on Wednesday and Thursday - just
show your Oyster card at the station gates."

with less than two hours to go until the strike begins.

By contrast with Southeastern, Southern have adopted the 'let TfL sort
it out' approach - I finally managed to find this on their website (at
[mangled URL - see original post] ):

"LONDON UNDERGROUND STRIKE ACTION - LATEST

June 2nd 2009

The RMT union has announced strike action on the London Underground
network to commence at 18.59 hours on Tuesday 9 June through to 18.58
hours on Thursday 11 June 2009.

Transport for London has advised that it will do all it can to keep
customers fully informed of the impact of this action but is advising
customers to check its Live Travel News for updates before travelling,
and to use its Journey Planner to plan a possible alternative route.

Travel plans for the strike have been announced by the Mayor of
London. for more details, please go to the Transport for London
website."

SWT are taking a similar tack to Southeastern
( [mangled URL - see original post] ):

"During this time South West Trains will be accepting all Transport
for London tickets on certain SWT services within the Travelcard
boundary. The services are Feltham to Clapham Junction and Waterloo
via Kew Bridge or via Richmond; and Wimbledon to Clapham Junction and
Waterloo. This includes PAYG and paper tickets.

We shall not be accepting PAYG or paper London Underground tickets at
any other SWT station."

It's going to be an interesting couple of days.

Indeed, though given the pretty unambiguous message that's come from
TfL I doubt any of the TOCs will even try and issue penalty fares.

Who's going to be the guinea pig and try and make journeys from
Surbiton, East Croydon and Bromley South holding only an Oyster card
loaded with a little PAYG credit then?!