Old June 9th 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default TfL's strike contingency plans...

Mizter T wrote:

Anyway, I'm not sure it would necessarily solve the problem either -
I've just done a search on TfL's "Fare finder" and Wanstead Park to
Liverpool Street, the result being "Your search returned no fares." -
this happens whether you correctly enter the destination as "London
Liverpool Street [National Rail]", or otherwise enter it as "Liverpool
Street [London Underground]".

So I'm not quite sure what would happen were you to do this in
practice. I was of the impression that *all* stations are paired for
Oyster PAYG fares purposes, so either that's not correct - in which
case what actually happens? - or otherwise the Fare finder system only
returns a subset of fares for 'sensible' routes - though I had thought
it showed all fares in the database (that said I have a vague memory
of getting it to refuse showing a fare for another journey).

Is there still a late evening C2C service that runs in & out of Liverpool
Street, using the Forest Gate junction and the GOBLIN to access Barking and
beyond?

Alternatively there have been weekends when the Liverpool Street to Ilford
services aren't running. Catching the GOBLIN to Barking and then taking the
Hammersmith & City to Liverpool Street as an alternative to cramming on the
25 bus surely can't be that "unsensible" a route can it?