Old June 9th 09, 05:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was:Tube strike]

On Jun 9, 5:35*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 4:46*pm, Martin Deutsch wrote:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...e/details.html

I can't see any reason at all not to accept LU-valid rail tickets on
cross-London buses (as it's an internal matter within TfL, no external
stakeholders required) - is this some kind of spite directed at the
TOCs for not co-operating on PAYG?

"Please be aware that National Rail tickets which are valid for cross-
London transfers on the London Underground will not be valid on London
Buses."

I wonder if this is not more likely to simply be the result of
misunderstanding and/or miscommunication on the part of NRE (who run
the NR site)?

In reality I imagine bus drivers would probably wave anyone through
who presented such a ticket and explained what they were doing - their
priority will be to keep things moving, not quibble over ticket
validities.

If however this really is the official position as dictated by TfL,
then perhaps the worry is people presenting any old NR ticket to bus
drivers and therefore getting a free ride? (Of course that thought is
somewhat incompatible with my comment in the previous paragraph.)