Old June 9th 09, 05:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

On Jun 9, 6:10*pm, Tom Barry wrote:

Peter Masson wrote:
------
Unless either TfL, or SWT and Southeastern, change their advice (and in
the case of TfL, publicise any changes very clearly) I can foresee big
arguments.
What about a passenger whose normal route, using PAYG because he only
travels two or three days a week, so a season ticket is uneconomic, is
bus to North Greenwich then Jubilee Line to Bond Street. A sensible
alternative route would be Southeastern from Charlton to Victoria,
changing at Blackheath, then bus or walk. IMHO that route mirrors the
passenger's normal tube route, and even on their restricted view,
Southeastern should allow it.

BBCTravelWatch (via Twitter) are pretty adamant that TfL are sticking to
the 'valid all over' line:

'#Strike: One hour folks... spoke to TfL over the oyster PAYG issue;
they say SWT and Southeastern's info is out of date oyster WILL be taken'

So there you are. *If you get caught, refer the bill to TfL. *I'm
half-tempted to take the day off and go riding.

Interesting, thanks. Funnily enough I was going to start an entirely
new thread about BBC London's travel updates on Twitter, which I
stumbled across recently. Afraid I'm rather disparaging about the
whole Twitter malarkey, but nonetheless this is something that could
potentially be useful - though I'm not sure whether one really wants a
travel news text message every 10 minutes!

The "BBCTravelAlert" Twitter 'feed' can however be seen via the web
here (with a nice old photo of a Routemaster in the old Victoria bus
station as a background):
http://twitter.com/bbctravelalert