Old June 9th 09, 06:53 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506 1506 is offline

Default Modern Railways, June

On Jun 9, 10:56*am, "Stephen O'Connell" wrote:
1506 wrote:
The 1938 tube train looked perfect. *Although ISTR in service these
units ran with black roofs. *The preserved one is all over red.

IIRC they were a darkish Grey. (Which could be black!) The roofs
certainly weren't red in my day anyway.

That sounds about right.

However, that's only a minor
nitpick. They are lovely trains to see around, especialy in a red
livery. It brings back soooo many memories..

Indeed, I could not agree more. They were wonderful trains. They
almost define my years in London. Will there ever be another build of
subway trains as iconic?