Old June 9th 09, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

On Jun 9, 9:48*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 8:40*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

I am sure I have read somewhere that Heathrow Express most certainly are
*not* passing LUL ticket holders or PAYG users during the strike.

Well HEx are not really a TOC in the formal sense of the term ... they
can really do what they wish.

Best think of HEx as the people mover to LHR Terminal 0.

That's all true - the point I made in my earlier comments is that I
think passengers might not make this distinction, so when they hear
that Oyster PAYG is being accepted "on all National Rail journeys
within Greater London" as TfL are declaring they might think they can
use HEx with an Oyster card. That said, it's possible TfL's blanket
declaration is a bit dodgy too. Hard to say without having seen the
text of the agreement, and said text is presumably commercially
confidential.

(Regardless TfL perhaps have a get out clause in that they could turn
round and say that HEx doesn't fall within the commonly understood
meaning of "National Rail" anyway.)

My other thought is that BAA's business does rather rely on their
staff and customers being able to reach Heathrow. But from what Paul
has said, it seems HEx is excluded.