Old June 10th 09, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jarle H Knudsen Jarle H Knudsen is offline

Default Suggestions for my next vistit requested

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:19:25 +0100, Arthur Figgis wrote:

The Tower, yes, the British museum, yes ... but Centrale shopping
centre, Croydon?!

That's just a conicidence. I had promised to do some shopping for my sister
at Zara, and that was as good a place as any.

That day was quite nice. It stated with a train to Orpington, where I
visited the Crofton Roman Villa [1] (they were surprised that a Norwegian
tourist should turn up all the way out in zone 6 ), while waiting for
the R8 bus which runs slightly less than hourly to Down House [2]. Darwin's
home had a nice audio tour narrated by David Attenborough, but the upstairs
exhibition was quite run-down and in need of an upgrade. This was in 2007,
there's a new exhibition now, of course. After that, I did a walk on a
public path to Biggin Hill [3], where I took a bus to New Addington,
Tramlink to Croydon, had dinner at Wagamama, and did some shopping at
Centrale. Then it was Tramlink to Wimbledon and District back to the hotel
at Turnham Green.

-----
[1] http://cka.moon-demon.co.uk/villa.htm
[2] http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...show=nav.14922