Old June 10th 09, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Travelling to Gatwick from London, tomorrow (11/6/09)

In message
, at
02:09:42 on Wed, 10 Jun 2009, David F remarked:
I have a flight at Gatwick at midday tomorrow, which I am planning to
drive to from Islington, N1. My worry is that the tube strike will
make the roads hell. I think I've got 3 options - drive through the
middle of town, which is the most direct route. Or, go out the A13
then around the M25 ... or, finally, go out on the M4 and around the
M25 the other way.

Walk to Kings Cross, then get the train.

If you are driving I'd allow at least 3 hours, and probably go via
A12/M11/M25.