Old June 10th 09, 10:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was:Tube strike]

On Jun 10, 10:49*am, "Paul Scott"

On Jun 9, 7:25 pm, " wrote:

"Thameslink route service alterations: there is a shortage of
available trains as a result of a fault which means some services on
the Thameslink route are only 4 carriages long instead of 8.
Additional stops have also been put in to other services to relieve
crowding. The problem will be rectified soon, meanwhile we apologise
for the inconvenience this is causing customers."

The latter is the ongoing 'not enough 377s delivered but we need to
shut the terminus platforms at Blackfriars right now' 'fault', rather
than a today thing, isn't it?

No - it's the 'just enough 377s had been delivered to muddle through, but
we've had to take the newest six out of service due to wheel bearing
problems' fault...

Thanks for clearing that one up. To my mind the wording of the
original message from FCC certainly suggested a specific problem with
some of their existing trains.

Is there a significant quality control issue with the 377s then, as
there have been other suggestions of various issues with them?