Old December 21st 03, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Claiming a refund after Camden Town derailment

In message ,
writes

Probably checking to see if it is working. The 95 stock handsets are
notorious for not working/giving up part way through. Often this is an
intermittent fault that seems to be electronic rather than mechanical (I
think it uses electronic switching). Despite repeatedly being reported,
these defects are still occurring. It is particularly galling when, during
a period of delay/service disruption/station closure and having made all
the required announcements regarding alternative arrangements, the driver
is then accused at the next station of not making any announcements!

We have similar problems on the Picc., usually due to people not
listening though, even though I start important announcements with 'Can
I have your attention please Ladies and gentlemen.....'