Old June 10th 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube strike: clarification of start time(s)?

On Jun 9, 9:41*pm, "neverwas" wrote:

To be fair Highbury will be targeted to try to keep it open so let's
wait and see. I have read elsewhere that the working assumption is
that former Silverlink but now LU run stations will be open but
possibly unstaffed - as in Silverlink days and Overground trains will
serve them. Again let's wait and see.

My partner's recollection is that the sign she saw at H&I this afternoon
indicated the station "will be closed". *But I'll certainly try to be
fair - if grumpy.

And having seen Mizter T's post, perhaps the sign was the RMT's response
to TFL's mind control exercise. *I just hope they haven't both hired
some ex-CIA spook with a good story and a boxful of copies of Catcher in
the Rye.

The ex-CIA spook with a (fairly) good story is no longer on the TfL
payroll - Bob Kiley stood down as Transport Commissioner in January
'06, but was kept on as a consultant for some time - however I think
that arrangement ended some time ago. Though I suppose that's what
they'd want you to think...there's some mysterious lines in the TfL
budget, the stationary department buried in the basement of TfL's HQ
doesn't appear to have noticed that there's an economy drive on...
hmm.

The National Rail LDBs for H&I don't indicate that trains are not
stopping there - but that said it's an automated system so wouldn't
necessarily indicate whether or not the station is shut. However,
neither TfL's live travel news pages nor the National Rail disruption
page currently single out H&I as being closed.

Though I don't particularly rate the TfL "Current Overground network
status" page as being on the ball as it doesn't say anything about
North Wembley, Wembley Central or Stonebridge Park being closed this
evening to prevent overcrowding re the England match being played at
Wembley - instead it only mentions Blackhorse Road being closed, and
anyway the NR disruption page currently says this "Blackhorse Road
station is currently open for London Overground services, but may be
closed at short notice."

FWIW, the "Current Overground network status" page is he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...l/default.html