Old June 10th 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default There should be litter bins on the underground

"Tim Fenton" wrote in message

"1506" wrote in message
There are enough outlets selling take-away food on the underground
and, at
times, I have to eat as I use the tube to travel between
appointments. No,
I'm not going to carry around food wrapping with me all day so I
have to
find somewhere to discretely drop it.

I'm not sure where you can buy take-away food *on the underground* -
which to me means beyond the barrier line at any given station. And
you don't have to carry the wrapping around with you "all day"; merely
to the next time you get off the train and out of the station.

There are quite a few kiosks on platforms selling crisps/drinks etc.
Liverpool Street (Circle) and Bank (W&C) are two that spring to mind.

Peter Smyth