Old June 10th 09, 11:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was:Tube strike]

On Jun 10, 11:33*pm, asdf wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:33:12 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:
It is very odd that the TfL website doesn't seem to deal with Overground
service status terribly well.

It looks like the NLL and Euston Watfords are suffering a bit "due to an
unusually large passenger flow" - what a lovely turn of phrase.

They're crowded enough in the a.m. peak on a normal day (to the point
of people regularly being left behind on the platform) - I was a bit
surprised that media reports were emphasising that the route was
running, as most people wouldn't have a hope of getting on.

I know the NLL is crazy busy during morning and evening peaks, but how
hectic does is get on the DC line? I know people who live up Kensal
Green way, but none of them ever seem to use the service at the height
of the peaks (explained by cycling, walking, bus, odd shifts, doesn't
go where they need to be).

And on top of the strike, the London Midland service was well and
truly stuffed by a signal failure in the Carpenders Park area.

So I imagine the sport of "how many people can you fit in a 313?" was
well practised this morning.

Joyous!