Old June 11th 09, 06:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was: Tube strike]

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:41:53 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T wrote:

On Jun 10, 11:33*pm, asdf wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:33:12 +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:
It is very odd that the TfL website doesn't seem to deal with Overground
service status terribly well.

It looks like the NLL and Euston Watfords are suffering a bit "due to an
unusually large passenger flow" - what a lovely turn of phrase.

They're crowded enough in the a.m. peak on a normal day (to the point
of people regularly being left behind on the platform) - I was a bit
surprised that media reports were emphasising that the route was
running, as most people wouldn't have a hope of getting on.

I know the NLL is crazy busy during morning and evening peaks, but how
hectic does is get on the DC line?

Actually, I neglected to mention that I was writing that about the DC
line (though I bet the NLL wasn't pretty either).