Old December 22nd 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Claiming a refund after Camden Town derailment

In message , Richard J.
writes

That's a good technique, but the trouble is that there are now far too many
announcements, recently increased by the "good service" announcements every
few minutes. People just switch off after a bit and don't listen to any of
them. It would help if they replaced "This train is ready to depart.
Please stand clear of the closing" by "Mind the".

To be fair, I don't have any truck with all that. I say what I think I
would want to hear as a passenger. Safety critical ('mind the gap') and
important traffic announcements- oh, and major interchanges.

Don't forget, on the Picc, we have to make all the announcements
ourselves, not like the other lines that have all this auto stuff :-)