Old June 12th 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Bendybus Info

On 11 June, 23:42, wrote:
In article ,

(Paul Corfield) wrote:
A number of operators have retained RM registrations as cherished
plates. They are fitted to a range of buses including Volvo double decks
as well as bendy buses. *Gaps in the numbers are explained above.

We had a number turn up in Cambridge on originally N-registered double
deckers for Park and Ride Services a few years ago. The plates concealed
that the "new" buses were older than the similar spec P-reg vehicles
already in the existing P&R fleet.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I can see how the old numbers could be of value to individuals, eg the
number for RM50 might be nice for the car given to Victor Leonard
Thompson on his 50th birthday or something. I can't really see the
point of using them on other buses.