Old June 12th 09, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Bendybus Info

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:26:02 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:31:58 GMT, (Dave) wrote:

I don't recognise ECA - that's most likely to be a First group code but
I can't see in a reference book I'm looking at.

According to this picture, they were on the 18 between Euston and
Sudbury
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/photos/018.htm

Most of those I've seen have the new format registration numbers, but
I've seen 2 on route 149 that have ex-RM registration numbers, why is
that? And is it a quirk of how these registrations are issued that
within blocks, some registrations are missing between consecutive
fleet numbers.

A number of operators have retained RM registrations as cherished
plates. They are fitted to a range of buses including Volvo double decks
as well as bendy buses. Gaps in the numbers are explained above.

The gaps in the registration numbers I was referring to are for
example:
MA53 BX04 MYZ
MA54 BX04 MZD

MA62 BX04 NCF
MA63 BX04 NCJ

As I don't have a complete list, I can't tell whether the missing reg
nos (MZA-MZC and NCG-NCI) are used elsewhere, NCI probably doesn't
exist.

Dave