Old June 14th 09, 10:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Martin Rich[_2_] Martin Rich[_2_] is offline

Default LU strike and possible knock-on effects on NR / LO services [was: Tube strike]

"asdf" wrote in message

Actually, I neglected to mention that I was writing that about the DC
line (though I bet the NLL wasn't pretty either).

It wasn't (excuse me coming to this late). I was on the very crowded train
scheduled to leave Gospel Oak for Clapham Junction around 0920 on Thursday.
All trains through Gospel Oak seemed to be running around 6-10 minutes late
just because of extra time at stations to handle the crowds. The driver
announced that a freight train had been routed immediately in front of us
and we had to wait at the platform until the freight train had cleared
Hampstead Tunnel - that's past the next station and then some. I wonder
whether that's a single block section or whether there's some other
safety-related issue. So we were around 15 minutes late at Clapham, and at
Willesden Junction in particular staff were stopping people from trying to
board the train

Martin