Old June 16th 09, 06:57 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
1506 1506 is offline

Default Modern Railways, June

On Jun 16, 10:43*am, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:
On 9 June, 18:39, 1506 wrote:

Yesterday when I stopped by my PMB, June Modern Railways had finally
arrived. *Among the items of particular interest to me, where the
article on Crossrail, and a beautiful picture of a 1930 stock tube
train on tour.

It seems that Crossrail opening is determined to be 2017. *We can only
hope. *I was living in London at the time of the, then, Fleet Line
(Jubilee Line phase one) construction. *It
was a fairly short stretch from Baker Street to Charring Cross. *But
construction seemed to last forever.

The artist's renderings of the stations looked very good. *Tottenham
Court Road is very cramped these days. *The new version appears to be
considerably larger.

Sadly taxpayer pounds are being spent on reversing sidings at
Maidenhead. *One hopes Crossrail will run to Reading before many years
have passed.

The 1938 tube train looked perfect. *Although ISTR in service these
units ran with black roofs. *The preserved one is all over red.

Later this week I will take a look at "Informed Sources".
.

I took this pic at North Ealing last September:http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...rth_Ealing.JPG

Thank you. This a truly special picture.