Old June 18th 09, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default Watford Junction Oyster validators

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:18:56 +0100,
Recliner wrote:
I'll be taking a train to Watford Junction next week using Oyster
pre-pay, and then continuing the journey on a charter train (paper
ticket) -- would I be correct in assuming that there are Oyster
validators on the platforms so I don't have to leave and re-enter the
barriered zone (and vice versa on my return)?

There are validators on platforms 1-4 DC line (I think - I almost never
use those platforms)
There is a validator on platform 9(&10) where the carpark entrance is.
And there are validators in the subway joining the platforms.

AFAIAA there are no validators on any of the other platforms.

But, you are correct, you do not have to exit and reenter the barriered
zone to touch.

Word of warnings - if you touch on a validator in the subway and then
decide to temporarily leave by the manual gate but touch again you'll
"reenter". (I found this out to my cost when the manual gate validator
had been broken for several days. I touched in the subway on my way out
but then was told to touch again on the manual gate - because it had
been repaired - and ended up with an unresolved journey)

(Dont know whay will happen if you touch in the subway and then leave by
the automatic barrier - presumably in that case it's intelligent enough
to realize that Exit-Exit is just a single exit, it's just
"Exit?Entry-Exit?Entry" where it gets confused.)

Tim.

and there was light.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/