Old June 25th 09, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Scott Scott is offline

Default Extended Circle trial this weekend

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:20:51 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On 25 June, 10:06, Scott wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:31:10 -0700 (PDT), PhilD

wrote:
On Jun 25, 9:10*am, Scott wrote:
For those of us not famiiar with this concept could you clarify what
'teacup service' means. *I assume it is not a buffet car on each
train. *Does it refer to the shape or the route on a map???

Yes. *From Barry Salter's post:

Circle:
-=-=-=-

Hammersmith - Edgware Road - Circle Outer Rail - Edgware Road : Every
10
minutes
Edgware Road - Circle Inner Rail - Edgware Road - Hammersmith : Every
10
minutes

Thus the "Circle" line doesn't do a round and round and round service,
but becomes a there-and-back route, albeit with a big loop.

PhilD

Thanks, I thought it might be something like that. *But is this a
permanent change or just an arrangement during engineering works? *If
the Circle Line is no longer to be a circle it would need to be
renamed causing massive confusion and departing from about a century
of history.- Hide quoted text -

Will be permanent, but seems to be a trial this time.

Thanks. I take it Boris will organise a competition to choose a new
name then.