Old June 27th 09, 01:17 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default ITSO on Prestige (IOP) (Was: Brian Souter gives the DfT...)

On Jun 27, 1:56*am, Mizter T wrote:

[snip]

I've found the relevant minutes of the Commons Transport Select Cttee
in December '07 - the exchange to which you refer proceeded as
follows:

---quote---
Q503 *Chairman: Mr Linnard, how long do you think it will be before
ITSO and Oyster are completely compatible?

Mr Linnard: I would not like to give a prediction of exactly when, but
we would hope broadly within a couple of years.

Q504 *Clive Efford: Is that because of the roll out of the equipment
or because train operating companies will not agree to it?

Mr Linnard: First of all there has to be the completion of the study
into the way we are integrating it. There then has to be negotiation
between the department and TfL and its suppliers. That is obviously
not entirely possible to predict.
[...continues...]
---/quote---

Source:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...ect/cmtran/84/...

Sorry, I've managed to make a right mess of posting the above. The
above URL is no good, the correct URL is as follows:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...84/7121210.htm