Old July 1st 09, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Frederick Williams Frederick Williams is offline

Default Watford to Heathrow

Mr Thant wrote:

On 1 July, 12:31, Mizter T wrote:
None of the various Underground options are entirely step-free.

You can take the hourly Southern service from Watford Junction to West
Brompton. Walk across the platform to a District Line train one stop
to Earl's Court, where there are lifts to the Piccadilly Line, which
goes to Heathrow. Allow 2 hours all in.

Because West Brompton doesn't have a full set of lifts, to do the
reverse journey you need to catch a District Line train from Earl's
Court to Kensington Olympia instead (beware these are a bit less
frequent than other tube trains - worst case a 20 minute wait), where
the District Line platform is adjacent to the northbound mainline
platform (and therefore there are no steps), for the Southern service
to Watford Junction.

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try it next time I need
to make the journey.

--
Which of the seven heavens / Was responsible her smile /
Wouldn't be sure but attested / That, whoever it was, a god /