Old July 2nd 09, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cycle route from Finsbury Park to North Finchley

In article , (J.
Chisholm) wrote:

Paul Luton wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Hello Londonistanis,

I live in Finsbury Park, and am currently working in North Finchley.
I've been getting there by public transport so far, but now that the
weather is going a bit less jungle-like, i would like to start
cycling.

Any thoughts on a route?

For travel in London I find that the TFL Journey Planner with
mode set to bike gives a route worth trying.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en
The journey times are less silly than you might expect given all
the variables.

Or you could try:
http://london.cyclestreets.net/

This gives you the options of finding a 'quiet' route or the
fastest and lets you chosse a cruising speed.

I have to say that london.cyclestreets.net is very disappointing, Jim.
It's limited in terms of features compared to the TfL journey planner. To
send me through the Wandsworth one-way system when there is a perfect
cycle route avoiding it is pretty unpardonable. No ability to have via
points makes it pretty limited too.

--
Colin Rosenstiel