Old July 2nd 09, 08:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_2_] Peter Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default Services during Thameslink core closures

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 07:05:59 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

[originally posted on uk.railway]
[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

On Jun 29, 2:07=A0pm, Ben wrote:
I'm trying to understand what happens to FCC services north and south
when the Thameslink core closes. Do the FCC services from Bedford,
Luton and St Albans share the 4 EMT platforms at St Pancras? I
understand that the Sevenoaks services are diverted to Victoria and
the Wimbledon & Sutton trains go to London Bridge but what happens to
the Brighton services? Are the services modified in any way or do the
standard patterns operate?

Re the northern Thameslink services from St Pancras - my understanding
is that during the weekend closures of the core Thameslink route,
initially the FCC Thameslink trains were using the high-level (EMT)
platforms - indeed I saw this with my own eyes - but then there were
alterations made to signalling on the low-level route (I think it was
the installation creation of bi-directional signalling but I'm unclear
on the details) that has enabled them to use the low-level platforms
at St P (i.e. the normal Thameslink platforms), which is what they now
do.

Since March FCC services have not normally used the high level
platforms.. I believe this is possible because works at Farringdon
have (temporarily) ceased and the AC power through SPILL can be left
on. Trains appear to reverse at the crossover south of the former
KXTL; there is no new bidirectional signalling yet AIUI..
--
Peter Lawrence