Old July 3rd 09, 04:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
solar penguin solar penguin is offline

Default Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

Mizter T wrote:

They would have been well within their rights to issue a Penalty Fare.
Unfortunately the root cause of this is the fact that TOCs have been
incredibly glacial in coming round to accepting Oyster PAYG
universally across London rail routes - they don't yet, of course,
though with some luck it might happen some time next year.

The trouble is, it always "might happen some", no matter what year it
just happens to be. Forgive me for being cynical, but I really have a
hard time imagining this ever coming about.