Old December 22nd 03, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default reducing congestion

"MrBitsy" wrote the following in:

Wrong, there are jobs there but people prefer to do nothing and
get it off the state. There are always jobs around driving mini
cabs, washiing up and other menial jobs.

The idea that there are always jobs around driving mini cabs is what
makes mini cabs so dodgy. You actually have to have special (expensive)
insurance and IIRC some other documents in order to legally be a mini
cab driver but it's the idea that anyone can do it that results in
dangerous, uninsured drivers in dodgy cars.

People are not prepared to help themselves and be honest. I onced
earned £10 cutting a lawn and declared that when I went to sign
on. Even the idiot behind the desk said I should have been quiet
about it.

You should have. £10 is such a small amount as to be of no importance
and isn't worth the effort that involved in taking it into account.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

"Handlebar catch and nipple."