Old July 4th 09, 08:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

On Jul 4, 9:08*am, MIG wrote:

On 4 July, 08:47, John B wrote:

On Jul 3, 6:00*pm, "solar penguin"
wrote:

[snip]

"The further reaches of London accessible only by suburban rail"? *And
what about the great many number of Londoners who happen to live in
these mysterious, far-off, unexplored no-go areas? *Don't we count?

No. If all the parts of London inaccessible by Oyster PAYG were wiped
off the map tomorrow, it'd be no great loss.

(trying, and struggling, to think of anything in London worth visiting
that isn't PAYG-able. Is Hampton Court technically in London or
Surrey? I suppose Blackheath is quite nice.)

Hampton Court Palace is in London, Hampton Court Station is in Surrey,
but it was brought into the travelcard zones years ago.

The flippant stuff about south London being worthless (along with
everyone who lives there) is obviously hilarious, but doesn't really
get us any further (in the argument or in travel).

No, it just gives us an insight into the 'superior mindset' of one
John Band. You stay in Islington, John.